Here’s the second event for the Brooklyn Blossoms Book Club! I love the idea of a U.N. sanctioned International Day of the Girl (October 11th). This brings to light all the atrocities that girls are facing around the world. I saw Girl Rising (10×10 Action Campaign) a few months ago and was moved to tears by each of the girls’ stories, especially the one from Haiti, of course. Check out the trailer, a short feature with Edwidge Danticat, one of the narrators, and a flyer for the event!
- HarperCollins presents: Punching the Air
- MSNBC / The ReidOut: New book explores emotional turmoil of Central Park Five Case
- Punching the Air by Ibi Zoboi and Yusef Salaam | Official Book Trailer
- The Story Behind Punching the Air | with Ibi Zoboi and Yusef Salaam
- “Punching the Air” authors discuss their novel, using poetry to cope with hate and racism
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets